Executive Agile Primer
Length 4 hours
Learn the mindset required to effectively lead an Agile transformation.
Being familiar with the challenges, pitfalls, mindset, and best practices in leading a successful Agile Transformation are key to a leader’s success in making meaningful, lasting change. This course provides a high level view of Agility as it pertains to leadership, including what mindset, portfolio management, systems thinking, business metrics, and organizational change management practices are required to help an organization and it’s people become more Agile, and keep it that way.
Note: This course is typically 1/2 day (4 hours), however, it may be lengthened to allow for customization.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for executives and leadership individuals:
- Leading an organization, program, or portfolio through an Agile transformation.
- Looking to improve their organization’s Business Agility.
- Interested in transforming and maturing their organization’s business.
- Interested in delivering on promises to customers and stakeholders.
After this workshop, an attendee will have a high-level understanding of:
- The fundamental characteristics of Agility.
- The core principles behind Agile, the Agile Mindset and Systems Thinking.
- How Agile businesses operate.
- How to lead an Agile transformation.
- How to create and support a culture and system of Continuous Improvement.
- Improving their leadership effectiveness for an organization of systems thinkers.
- Measuring and driving actionable improvements using key metrics that focus on customers, stakeholders, and business growth.
- Some key terminology and expectations.
No formal training or certification prerequisites required.
Prior experience in Organizational Change Management techniques such as ADKAR® (from ProSci) would be helpful, or in formal leadership approaches such as the Leadership Circle®.
Here are some recommended learning suggestions for before the class:
- “Drive” by Daniel Pink
- “Turn The Ship Around! A True Story of Turning Followers Into Leaders" by David Marquet
- “Thinking Fast and Slow” by Daniel Kahneman
- “Fearless Change” by Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising
- “More Fearless Change” by Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising
- “Start With Why” by Simon Sinek
- “Leading in a Culture of Change” by Michael Fullan
- “Weology” by Peter Aceto
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey
Welcome, Logistics & Expectations
Agile Practices and Mindset
Systems Thinking – From Idea to Value Delivery
Upstream Management (Discovery)
Downstream Management (Delivery)
Oversight and Governance
Executives and the Dashboard
Agile Portfolio Management
Agile Business Metrics
Business Improvement Approaches
Leading an Agile Transformation
Note: This course may be tailored based on your needs and timeframe.
How to register
This course currently has no scheduled public dates, however it may be booked as a private learning event for your organization. Click the following button to request a discussion to explore your options.